2. Actions for pension providers
Get your data dashboard-ready
We’re calling on pension providers to review and prepare their data, in order to ensure that they are ready for onboarding to pensions dashboards. Given the volume of data involved, it is prudent to prepare now.
Understanding which data elements will form part of the data standards and aligning their data in advance, means that providers will be well placed to meet their forthcoming compulsory staged onboarding from 2023 onwards.
You can stay up to date with the latest information from the Pensions Dashboards Programme by signing up to our monthly newsletter.
Actions for pension providers
Find (match) data
- work with your administration system function to understand what personal data items (eg name, date of birth etc) are most appropriate, for your scheme, to match on
- ensure all pensions for which you are responsible are recorded digitally, with your chosen match personal data items accurately in place
- ensure you can return correct information for all the data items relating to pension type (see more detail in the usage guide) and that you hold the required information
- plan how you would like dashboard users to interact with you, so that you can return the most appropriate contact information when needed
Pension income data
- ensure you can return information on an individual’s estimated retirement income amount (ERI), along with the calculation date and the date payable, in accordance with existing disclosure regulations
Further information on data standards
Please check our frequently asked questions for further information.
If you have any additional queries about our data standards publications please email email@example.com.
Our glossary provides a useful set of definitions for some of the terms you may come across in these pages.