The design standards provide information to dashboard providers, as well as data providers, about required layouts, content elements, messaging and user journeys, to ensure a consistently positive experience for users, regardless of which dashboard an individual chooses.
This January 2022 version should provide data and dashboard providers with the information they require to respond to the Pensions Dashboards: consultation on the draft Pensions Dashboards Regulations 2022.
They aim to:
- ensure dashboards are simple and easy to use
- make the information easy to understand
- provide consistency across dashboards, to maintain consumer confidence
- ensure dashboard providers adhere to regulation and legislation
- encourage trust in dashboards and the data
The design standards include relevant design items from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Government Digital Service and the Money and Pensions Service.
The design standards will iterate to incorporate the learnings from PDP’s test phases, as we work with early volunteer data and dashboard providers to refine the onboarding processes and functionality of pensions dashboards.PDP design standards January 2022